The Creative Communities Initiative was a research group at MIT led by Ian Condry and T.L. Taylor. The group used ethnography and other qualitative research methods to study subjects like, esports, livestreaming, music and inequality, anime and manga, and more.
During my time as a research assistant for the CCI, I did the following:
- conducted ethnographic research, interviews, and focus groups
- led meetings, book discussions, and brought in guest speakers
- wrote a white paper about the social media practices of new mothers
- transcribed interviews
- organized secondary resources
- gave feedback on articles and ideas
Additionally, I assisted in rebranding the research group by creating a new logo (pictured above) and a new website and monthly newsletter (pictured below). All of these can be found in action at http://ccimit.mit.edu. The archive of the newsletter can be found here.